In order to change the Password of your firstname.lastname@example.org you should follow the procedure through the area Change Password that you can find in the menu Info & Utility from the website hosting.aruba.it .
Because the new password is accepted by the system:
It would be even necessary that:
- it must have a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 13 small alphanumeric characters;
- it must contain at least a number and a letter (e.g. te345s7t or 895sd69gh);
- it must not have been selected in the last 8 requests of change password (or change of login and password)
The change of password linked to your login will involve the variation to all the associated services (domains control panel, ftp, domains email, pec, support, domains additional services, dedicated and virtual server, etc). It WILL NOT involve the ADSL or Free connection (while for the new order or the renewal of these services you have to use the new password).
- No domains on activation or activated in the last two days should be linked to the login for which you ask the change.
- For the login in question any other change of password must have been requested for the last 24 hours.
After having inserted and confirmed the new password, the request of change will be put in queue of execution: at the end of the change you will receive a confirmation email at the reference address. The whole process could need a few hours, according even to the number of services linked to the login.
N.B: It is possible that the password is being updated for some services before the end of the process: it is compulsory to wait the confirmation message before signalling problems or difficulty in the use of the codes.
If you need to change the heading of the codes for the services management (for example if you change the ownership of a domain), you have to ask for a change of login and password.
ATTENTION!!! The change of password procedure will not bring any changes to that for the management of MySql and MS Sql database. In order to modify the password of your own database (linked to the Sqlxxxx and/or MSSqlxxxx login), it is necessary to follow the specific procedure.
Article ID: 2680, Created On: 9/11/2009, Modified: 11/5/2013